is proud to announce the fifth cycle of MADlab
, our flagship new play development program. We are reaching out to you in hopes that you will apply and join us for the 2018 season. We've provided more information below and look forward to your application!
The MADlab Team
MADlab 2018 Now Accepting Applications:
MADlab is a unique 9-month program that focuses on the development of new plays from the idea up. *All plays submitted should be ideas only, not a play that you have already written or are currently writing.*
Each selected playwright:
- Will be paired with a dramaturg
- Will be given two cold readings of their scripts that will include curated and focused feedback sessions
- Will have a 15 hour workshop period with professional actors and a director that specializes in new play development
- Will receive a final public reading of their play.
- Will receive $500 as a stipend for the process
- For more information and to apply to MADlab, please fill out this online application or go to www.movingarts.org/madlab
- You must be a Los Angeles Area playwright
- Submit a synopsis of your proposed play
- Submit a 5-7 page script sample of a stage play
- Submit your Resume/CV
Please fill out the form by January 4, 2018 to be considered for the 2018 MADlab program.
Accepted playwrights will be notified by mid-January.
We sincerely hope you will consider joining us for what should be a very exciting year.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Moving Arts | L.A. Born. L.A. Built. L.A. Bred.